Monday, November 5, 2018

31 Words of Encouragement - Day 30 - VOICE




Today is Day 30 of the "write31days" challenge.  Once again I am linking up with Kate Motaung for the FMF free writes.  Be sure to check out each day's post here.


Day 30 of the 31 Words of Encouragement posts.  Somehow, I have been unable to concentrate on writing this one.


Not because of the word - voice - but just because I have had trouble concentrating on writing.

But...here goes!

Holding a conversation with my husband is nearly impossible!  With his hearing issues, and the dementia, he either doesn't hear clearly what I have said or doesn't understand what I am trying to say.

Then he gets upset.

"Well, you know I'm hard of hearing.  Quit mumble mouthing and speak up!"



So, I do!

I raise my voice!


I realize that raising my voice does nothing; but eventually he hears me!  Part of the problem is he automatically thinks I am being ugly, or negative, or disagreeing with whatever he has said.

Sometimes that is the case.  I have become frustrated and react in a negative way.

Not a very good thing to do!

I need to practice that "raising my words" instead of my voice.

We all have a voice; we can speak up to let others know how we feel, what we think, our desires and concerns, our opinions on the issues that surround us.

Yet, there are some who cannot speak their feelings or thoughts or desires or concerns or even their opinions.

In these days of terrorists and political "whatevers", we never know when what we say with our voices will be taken wrong.

Even our social media is full of arguments between perfectly "normal" people trying to raise their voices and be heard.

Can't we "agree to disagree"?



Can't we actually listen to what the other person has to say; allow them to share their opinions and respect that, to them, it is their truth.  We have ours.  They have theirs.



I literally hate hearing all of these political commercials where each party is trashing the other.  The next commercial that comes on is the opposing party trashing them!

I am so confused that I dare say...

I may not even vote in this mid term election!

Not a good way to have my voice heard!

But...

Perhaps I have expressed my feelings in today's post!


I hope you are able to use your voice and share your opinions!  I can listen.  I may or may not express my thoughts on what you have shared; but I will not trash you for sharing yours!







No comments:

Post a Comment