Saturday, September 1, 2018

Simple Woman's Daybook - May 21, 2018






For Today
April 30, 2018


{Note:  Though this Simple Woman's post is dated April 30, 2018, it was never completed; but has enough in it that I am publishing it and moving from my drafts!}


Looking out my window:  Today (Tuesday), as yesterday, it is a little overcast; we have had a lot of rain lately.  It rained just a little yesterday; and is predicted for today, too.
I am looking forward to some sunshine in this, the "Sunshine State"; not the "liquid sunshine", but real sunshine!


I am thinking:  There is a lot going on in my head; and it's not just congestion...well, the thoughts may be getting congested, in that sense; but I have been thinking a lot...

So many things to think about:  where to live, that is cheaper, but not cheap; how to cut back finances so we can stay where we are; thoughts about getting rid of a car, taking keys away...

Am I really thinking about that?!  It is a reality for the future, the very near future!


I am thankful:  There have not been any issues regarding the above thoughts; no accidents or injuries or damage...

Or, worse!


One of my favorite things:  Crafting.  But, I haven't been doing much of it.  I did attend an all-day event last Saturday; for the afternoon part of it!  Because of another meeting that morning, I didn't arrive until about 2 pm and left for home around 7 pm.

But...

I do love crafting.  Last weekend I created the two-page layout for the crop and will have photos printed to add to the pages.  The theme was "It's a Zoo in Here"...quite appropriate for the crazy group of crafters!

Photo by Barbara London


I am creating:  The above layout!  Hopefully today and/or tomorrow, I will be working with a package of ephemera I picked up at Tuesday Morning yesterday...

Perhaps make a couple of Memory Dex cards, or a Tag or ATC?!  Will see what "clicks"!


I am wearing:  Yesterday morning - pj's.  Earlier this morning - pj's!

Now, at almost noon, I have dressed in a pair of denim capris, an aqua shirt, and a pair of sandals.  Ready for our "trip" to WalMart.


I am reading/watching:  Reading "Aslan's Call - Finding Our Way to Narnia" by Mark Eddy Smith.  A great companion to understanding the Chronicles!!  {That would be "The Chronicles of Narnia"!!}.

We also finished watching this season of American Idol, with the "crowning" of the new "idol", Maddie Poppe; and the winner of the four-week Dancing with the Stars - Athletes show.  Not sure what we will watch now; but I am sure it won't be the Bachlorette.  Perhaps I would like it, but I am sure that my husband would not!!


I am hoping:  


I am learning:  Recently I was invited to attend a dementia support group, facilitated by a friend who is the director and chaplain at the senior residence.  Much information and sharing happens in these groups, and I was blessed to be able to attend.

So much to learn; and I will never know it all!  But, I can learn what it will take for us to be able to continue this journey...

But, mostly I am learning that I am not alone!


In my kitchen:  Meat thawing on the counter to make spaghetti later...with Texas toast.  That will make a great dinner, and leftovers for the next couple of days!


Post Script:  


Shared quote:  


A moment from my day:  



And, that concludes this week's Simple Woman's Daybook!  Be sure to stop by again next week to see what this simple woman has been up to lately!





No comments:

Post a Comment