Monday, March 26, 2018

RJD Reunion!!



What IS RJD??

Think "Random Journal Day"...

Think of Dawn...that's Enthusiastically Dawn.  Check out her blog and she explains it all!

The thing is, I haven't written an RJD post for quite a while...a couple of years.

Because it "ended" for a time!

BUT...

Dawn has invited us - ME TOO!! - to a Random Journal Day Reunion and Celebration!!

So, I have spent a big part of my day going through my journals...

But, wait!!  Do you even know what Random Journal Day is?

We were encouraged to go back to our "older" journals; or maybe even one that was not so old, and share an entry as a new blog post.  Then, link up with others over on Dawn's blog and check out what they have written.

Check out Dawn's blog  here and she will explain it all.  You can also hear it straight from her in a short YouTube video here!

So check it all out and join in the FUN!!

And I will be sharing my journal entry and a little about myself below:

So, after pulling out all of the journals I have in a bin, I pulled out a couple to choose from; and have one from May 2015 that gives a bit of info about myself!


Journal entry from May 23, 2015:


"And I like quiet mornings, and lazy days; a good book and a fun project!  I like spontaneous outings, and lunch with the girls - and shipping trips, and just hanging out.  I like crafting days, and social times; learning new things, and sharing our crafts.  I like connecting with friends, and chatting and encouraging...

Yes!  I like the 'small joys that a simple life brings!' "

And, that in a nutshell is Me!!


Here is the tally I made of all the journals I pulled out of that bin today:

4 Planners

3 Composition Books:
Ann Voskamp's
"1000 Gifts"
One-Year Challenge

A few loose sheets of
miscellaneous journaling

2 Journeying Through the Days
Calendar and Journal
(Upper Room Devotions)

5 Other Devotional Journals

1 Poetry Book

1 Visual Art Journal

2 Travel Journals
(and a 3rd partially finished)

AND

18 "Regular" Journals
(and I found another incomplete journal
that I used for another of Dawn's link-ups,
"21 Days of Journaling"
from July 2016)


As you can see, I use "journals" for a number of things!  I'm sure I could find more if I really grabbed all of these incomplete notebooks laying around!

But, that is enough for one Random Journal Day entry!  Hoping for more!!



14 comments:

  1. Oh, YES INDEED - YOU , TOO! So glad you made the trip and are joining in this reunion! It would not be the same without you, Miss Barbara! Well I do hope you will recommit to finish that 21 Days of Journaling challenge...and I can send you the hard copy - since that is exactly the BONES of my book! It's been toooooo long, and so glad to see a dear "old" friend! BUT young at heart! lol. Like me ! Old and young at the same time. lol HUgs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thank you Dawn!!! You always make me laugh...and sometimes, cry!! Actually, that 21 Days of Journaling just lacks the very last entry...and I keep planning to head to a special place to sit quietly and journal. It will happen...and soon!! I have it in another journal, that one that didn't get counted!!

      So glad to be connecting...again!!!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for this wonderful journaling experience today. So glad you were able to connect with us again. Praying for you as you shared with me on my page that you kind of have your hands full right now. Praying that God will give you little snippets of time to do the things you enjoy so much...and time to write about the journey you are on. God bless you and keep you and give you peace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and reading my post; and for your comment...there are times I do get to craft; mostly at home, but sometimes away, which is coming up the middle of April! I don't rely on God as much as I should...but I should!!! God bless you as well and hope to see you around for more...

      Delete
  3. Barbara- How fun to get a "date" with your journals and to see the variety of uses and purposes and types! I too love several journaling approaches and keep chiding myself for so many "containers" but I am learning to embrace my style and it helps me to have a different kind of journal for different purposes. Love seeing you here at the reunion! It's so fun and I love your quote about the simple life...I'm going to copy it into my quote journal :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and sharing your comment! I was super happy to see this reunion; reconnecting with some I've connected with in the past, and "meeting" others, too...

      I have so many notebooks and journals and things that I get started with, then get overwhelmed that I have so many!! But, I lay them aside, and sometimes they end up being used again.

      Look forward to connecting again through our blogs!

      Delete
  4. Barbara: You have quite a few journals, like the rest of us. I like most of those things. Went out for lunch with my best friend today. It was nice. I enjoyed your list of your likes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been so busy with "life" I guess and haven't even been on my blog for quite a while...thank you for stopping by and reading my RJD Reunion post and for leaving a comment...I keep adding to my journals because I want to have a "speaial" one for keeping up with different things, or to write quotes in, or to use as a workbook for a Bible study...I guess that's why I end up with so many!!

      Delete
  5. Thank you for sharing what all was in your bin. I have to admit that I have a lot of notebooks and other things around that I've just never thought of as journals. I appreciate the new way of looking at things.

    I love all those simple things, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel all of these are types of journals; glad I could give you a different way to look at it!! Thanks for checking out my blog and leaving a comment.

      Delete
  6. Hi Barbara, so happy you connected and shared this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Susie!! Not only did I connect, I watched Dawn's YouTube video for the book giveaway and was really loving yours!! Walking Butterfly...love that title!! I'll be looking for that one! Thanks for reading and commenting.

      Delete
  7. I love your "likes" and all your varied kinds of journals. Yeah, I have a lot of different kinds, too. And I am so happy to be able to connect with fellow-varied-journalers like you! Happy journaling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sylvia! Glad to be connecting with bloggers again...I have slowed down quite a bit. Hopefully I will be writing (on my blog) more again!! I write in my journal almost every day!! Thanks for reading and commenting.

      Delete