Monday, December 18, 2017

Simple Woman's Daybook - December 18, 2017



The Simple Woman



FOR TODAY
December 18, 2017


Looking Out My Window:
A beautiful day, currently at 60 degrees with the high in the upper 70's...

Yes!  I can take that much better than all that COLD weather; and a lot better than the really HOT weather of summer!


I Am Thinking
How to really deal with certain issues; and is it because of the dementia that one doesn't do the logical things I feel should be done?

Perhaps.  But, I think staying out of it as long as he can take care of it himself, and not saying anything may be the best...

Keeps things from blowing up!

That's what I'm thinking...



I Am Thankful:
That I have friends and family to "lean" on; to share things with, and clear my head, when I just can't seem to take it any longer.

And, I am thankful to God for strength and understanding.  Though I still don't feel I am strong enough or understand enough...I know He is there for me.

Perhaps I just don't ask Him for what I need or want?!


One of My Favorite Things:
The excitement and giggles of a little child!  To see them jumping up and down in excitement to see...

Me!  And their PaPa!  And their aunts and uncles and cousins!

Family is "one" of my favorite things; though there are many!

And spending time with them all, or just one on one...

That is my favorite thing!


I Am Creating:
Creating has slowed down a bit.  I have been so busy with the Holiday Bucket List...

That is, I have actually been doing things that are on that list!!!

I did sit down the other day and make a tag for a friend; I won't show it here because she just might read today's post!


I Am Wearing:
A pair of jeans capris; a purple shirt and green and red socks...

It's all about being comfortable while I get some things done today:

Laundry;
Organizing and sorting Christmas gifts;
Wrapping a few that I have already purchased;
Getting a box ready to mail to a friend;
And whatever else I can fit in to get cleaned up or organized...

Now, it's time to head to the kitchen and fix some dinner!



I Am Reading:

Actually, reading two books at once!

First, I started reading "The Brethren" by John Grisham; I am not sure I will finish reading it...Just not into a bunch of inmates extorting money from inside the prison!


Then, what is probably more useful to me, I am reading "Finding Grace in the Face of Dementia" by Dr. John Dunlop.



I Am Hoping:
What am I hoping for this week?  A smooth shopping trip tomorrow; without any outbursts and yelling and...

That is what I hope for tomorrow...and every day!


I Am Learning:
As usual, I am a slow learner!  But, maybe I am learning how to deal with these situations with my husband a little better.

The family get-together (with his family) went very well.  Of course, he was ready to leave in a couple of hours; but there was still more celebrating to be done.  The gifts had not yet been given (to the kids) and the white elephant "game" had not been done (for the adults and kids too)...

We stayed longer than I thought we would though; and the time spent with family was good for both of us...

But the ride home was not very good.  Between the traffic and his yelling and criticisms, and having to turn around and go back because I left my purse!

Yeah!  I was more than ready to be home and just be by myself...

Of course, it passed.  And, he didn't even have a clue that he had been so ugly and treated me so badly.  Instead, in his eyes, I was the one being ugly and treating him badly.

But, it did pass and he totally forgot what it had been like, as usual.  If I mention it to him again, it's "all in my head" as far as he sees it.

Oh, well!  I guess I should be used to it by now.

I am not!

But, I am learning!


In My Kitchen: 
Dishes in the dishwasher; but not full enough to run it yet.

Laundry will be started soon.

Dinner?  Not sure yet.  I'll take something out and cook something that will last a couple of days.

Tomorrow we will be doing our grocery shopping; hopefully (there's that word...hope...again!) I can keep the cost down!  I still have a few gifts left to buy.


Post Script
Last week I wrote a post for the Five Minute Friday word "Different".  It kind of sums up some of the things I have been able to do over the past couple of weeks.

Check it out here.


Shared Quote:
"What if Christmas,
perhaps,
means a little bit more..."




The Grinch and Me!
December 2015


A Moment From My Day:
To look back over this past week, there were many moments!

But, to choose just one?  Last Sunday, we saw our "tiny dancer" at her first dance recital, dancing to my fave, "Little Drummer Boy";


First Dance Recital
December 2017
{Bijou, 3-years old}

There have been many moments like this the past couple of weeks; and I am just grateful to my family for sharing their time with me!

~~~~~~~


So ends another post for the Simple Woman's Daybook!  Another post; another week passing...

Join me again for another "chapter" in the life of this simple woman!



2 comments:

  1. Barbara, it is amazing what God enables you to do through Him! Here you are with an organized blogpost with headings, photos and quotes. Glad we connected. Let me know if you want to follow each other's blogs. Blessings to you this 5th day of January, Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Julie! Yes, of course I'd love to follow your blog! I think I may have subscribed to it already; but if not, I certainly will!! We are already into the 10th day of January, the new year! How can that be?!

      Thanks for reading and commenting...will be following!!

      Delete