Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Simple Woman's Daybook - October 2, 2017







FOR TODAY
October 2, 2017



Looking Out My Window:
The day was breezy and really nice; mid 80's!  Love it!!  Kept the back (balcony) door open most of the day.  Just turned the a/c back on a short time ago because it had gotten too hot inside.

Very pleasant day; can't wait til all of the days are like that!


I Am Thinking:
Trying not to think about the shootings in Las Vegas; but it's hard not to with the TV talking non-stop about it!

What I am thinking about is:  I know God promised He wouldn't drown us all; He left the rainbow to show His promise not to send the floods again.  That could be questioned, with all the hurricanes and rains; but he did promise!

But, with all the shootings and killings and terrorism and whatever...does He mean for us to just kill each other til there are no more people around?

No!  I don't really believe that!!  But, the media would have us believe that it's all bad!  That all news is bad news.

There is good all around.  And when things like the Las Vegas shootings; Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, Marie, and many from earlier years; earthquakes and tornadoes and whatever...the good comes out in those who are there to help.

People helping each other!  That is what God wishes for the world; to help each other...regardless of color or age or gender preferences; regardless of any thing!

Just helping each other!



I Am Thankful:
That I am home safely after driving in a major thunderstorm Sunday from an outing about an hour away.  It was quite stressful, but I made it!

The rain let up a little as I crossed the county line.  Then I was better able to drive the rest of the way home...

...until I was crossing the bridge about 10 minutes from home.

I was driving in the far right lane and had to move to the next lane because the car in front of me was driving slower, and had his flashers on.

The truck coming up behind me moved over to the far right lane because I was driving slower than he was; he quickly realized the car was driving even slower, somehow moved into the emergency lane, passing the car and again moving into the next lane to keep from hitting the car and probably me, too!  

It all happened so quickly; and I still think the guy in the car had no clue he was almost hit!!  And, he was on his cell phone!!  That wasn't the reason the accident almost happened; but it was probably the reason he was going slower and had his flashers on!

Thank you, God!  Whatever it is you have for me to do, please let me know!  You have saved me so many times!!  I need to know what you want me to do!!



One of My Favorite Things:
Making plans to do something fun, and doing it!!

Like, attending an all day Girls Day Out...crafting, eating, shopping, sharing ideas and our lives!  That is so much FUN!

Or, like driving an hour away to check out a scrapbook store, and to meet an online friend!  {Forget the fact that it rained all the way there; all day; and all the way home...except for those really short spurts of just sprinkles!!}


I Am Creating:
Finished a Halloween pocket letter and tag; one for a swap and one for a giveaway.  Each of these shows the front and back of the pocket letter (top photo) and the tag (bottom photo).

















I Am Wearing:
Today was a busy, but relaxing day.  I did change out of my pj's so I could wash them!

Earlier I was wearing a pair of black stretch pants - the weather was calling for pants instead of shorts - and a black and gray shirt.

Now, I am wearing a pair of gray pajama pants and a black and gray night shirt.

Hmmm...there seems to be a trend in the colors for today!!


I Am Reading:
Still reading the third book of the Georgia Trilogy by Eugenia Price,"Beauty from Ashes".  A little more than half way through it...


I Am Hoping:

With everything else I have shared this week, I just can't seem to think of anything I am "hoping" for!!!

Perhaps I could just hope I receive some inspiration from reading a few of the blog posts I am following during the Write 31 Days challenge...


I Am Learning:
It isn't easy living with someone that has a hard time hearing; and automatically assumes what I have to say to him is a negative comment or answer to whatever he has said or asked.

What have I actually learned?  To try to stop before answering him and think before I speak!  Sometimes that backfires and he thinks I am ignoring him; but the truth is, I am trying to form my words so they are clear and concise...my tendency is to say too much!!

In this case, less is more, and so much better!


In My Kitchen: 
Tonight it will be leftovers; though I am not sure what I will eat!  My husband has a dish of his leftovers from last night he will eat.  Maybe a pot pie?  Who knows!!

The dishwasher is ready to be unloaded, and loaded again.

I have been resting today, and a little bit of crafting.  Tired and not feeling 100%; so it will get done eventually.  I did say this was my lite week!


Shared Quote:
I have been following the writings and quotes of Caitlyn on her blog, stuckinindiana, for a couple of years now.  She never fails to share one that hits right at home, or is something I need to hear!

The following was posted on her Facebook page on Tuesday:



A Moment From My Day:
Checking my email yesterday, I had an email from Peggy, our creative hostess.  It seems I have won the book, "Gracelaced" by Ruth Chou Simons!  I am excited to receive this book and look forward to reading it!



~~~~~~~

The end of another month; September has flown by in a flurry of busy-ness.  And there are only three months left in 2017.  If they go by as fast as this year has, the new year will be here in a flash!

Originally I had planned to participate in the Write 31 Days challenge during the month of October.  I did so the past three years; but there is just too much going on.  I was feeling overwhelmed trying to get things together, and the words were not coming...

So, I have decided not to participate for this year!  I will try to continue following Five Minute Friday as well as the Simple Woman's Daybook.  Perhaps focusing on these two posts each week will give me the boost needed, and the inspiration, to continue writing.

For now, this week's SWD is done!  Thanks for sharing your time with this "simple woman"!



2 comments:

  1. Living with a deaf person can be very hard.
    congratulations on winning the book!
    I enjoyed reading your daybook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Annie! A lot of issues make it hard. Appreciate your reading and commenting on my post...I enjoy writing for SWD! Excited to have won the book and look forward to reading it...I will make a point to comment about it after I've read it.

      Delete