Friday, October 13, 2017

Five Minute Friday - INVITE




Five Minute Friday




Welcome to this week's Five Minute Friday!  Since I am not participating in this year's Write 31 Days challenge, I have decided to at least try to write for the FMF word each week; and already that hasn't happened!!

Oh, well...

This week's Five Minute Friday word is:


Invite


So, I invite you to grab a cup of coffee (or tea; perhaps even a cold glass of soda or lemonade)...

This is the kind of house I want...big front porch, rocking chairs, and lots of trees :)And join me on the front porch!

Oh, my!  What a vision that is!!  To have all my bloggy friends and my crafty friends join me on the front porch?!

Or, at least the balcony off the living room; since I really don't have a front porch...that sure would be nice to have though!!


But, I fear there would not be enough room to hold all of you!

Because...

There are many of you that I would want to invite to this party!

We will celebrate the connections we have all made while sharing our writing, or even our crafting.  I have just as many crafty friends as I do bloggy friends!

We will laugh and share more of our stories; even show off more of our hand-made crafts...

Perhaps we will enjoy a meal together, or a plate of cookies or a beautiful cake or pie.

But, the real crazy dream part for me would be to actually see each one of you; to meet the friends I have connection with in so many ways!

To wrap my arms around you in a great big bear hug!  To welcome you into my home (that would be something in itself; my apartment is quite small!!).

To let you cry on my shoulder, if that is what you need.

To listen as you bring me up to date on that last "something" that happened.

To hold your hand while you find the right words to share...

I can see it now!!

What a day!  What an event that would be!!

Well, I am sorry to say...

I really cannot invite all of you into my home; or even onto my balcony or front porch.

But, I sure would love to do that!!

There are so many of you that have encouraged me over the past few years.  Whether in my writing or crafting...

You inspire me with words from your very souls!  You awe me with your amazing crafts...so beautiful!

And, that visit would be a way for me to say, "Thank you so much for all of it!"

But, since I cannot actually invite you into my home...

I invite you to check out my blog!  I invite you to follow me on Facebook where I share links to my blog as I publish new posts.

I invite you to check out the crafts I share on Facebook and within some of the posts I write (especially for the Simple Woman's Daybook posts each week.)

And, yes, this has gone way past five minutes!

Just know...the invitation stands!  If you are anywhere nearby...

I would love to meet up!



For more information on Five Minute Friday, check out the five minute friday community on Facebook.  And, after writing your own post, share it on the weekly five minute friday link-up.


4 comments:

  1. Your post made me smile! I loved the randomness of the thoughts - much like my mind on most days ��
    The internet has allowed us to "know" people from all around the world as well as our past years but yes, what a party it'd be if we could all be together in person. Great visual. FMF 57

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! Yes, my words lately can take a random turn; but at least I am writing again and that makes me smile!!

      Appreciate your reading and commenting...I will be getting some reading done later this evening, and this weekend!!

      Delete
  2. Love this! What a day that would be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't it, Tara?! I would LOVE to meet you...and so many others!!! Blessings and hugs to you, my friend! Thank you for reading and commenting!

      Delete