Sunday, April 23, 2017

Five Minute Friday - SING





Well, it is time for another Five Minute Friday, and here I am...writing again!  Be sure to check here for more information about the Five Minute Friday weekly posts.



This week's word is Sing:

I love to Sing!

Now, don't get me wrong...

I am NOT a singer!

I am a good "blender"; my voice blending with others does OK...

At least it did until a few years ago.

After years of allergies and sinus issues, and then lung issues that made it difficult to hold my breath or breathe properly as a singer...

I had to step down from singing with our Church Choir.

Riverside Ave. Christian Church
Chancel Choir
(I am third from the right on first row)

But, I still sing!

I sing in the car along with the radio or a favorite CD.

I sing at home while watching singing competitions or Dancing with the Stars.

And, yes, I do still sing with the choir...from the congregation; because I usually know the anthem they are singing!

Sometimes for special occasions or certain hymns, I will join in singing with the choir; but I sing very lightly!

Yes, I love to sing!  It fills my heart with joy...it reaches to the depths of my soul...


{And, I will end my "five" minutes here because this is actually leading into another post...for my Word Wednesday!  So, believe it or not, I'm posting again!!}



2 comments:

  1. I wish I had a nice voice to sing with. Blessings to you. Keep singing! Stopping by from FMF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, saying my voice is "nice" is a real stretch!! Thank you for reading and commenting! I love connecting with the FMF community; and hope to continue writing each week. And, will also attempt to get back to reading others' posts!

    Blessings to you as well...and Keep singing! God loves hearing us sing praises to Him; and I don't think he really "cares" if we have a "nice" voice or not!!

    ReplyDelete