Monday, March 20, 2017

Simple Woman's Daybook - March 20, 2017







FOR TODAY
March 20, 2017


Looking Out My Window:
The temp is in the 40's this morning; but it feels good to have the door open and let in the fresh air.  The high is predicted to be in the 70's...and I can handle that just fine!

I Am Thinking:
That I have missed writing; though I haven't been doing any writing in quite a while, I have had thoughts of things to write!

I Am Thankful:
As always, for my family and friends!  And that I have so many friends that are encouraging and uplifting in so many ways.


One of My Favorite Things:
Hanging out with my family and friends!  And, I have done a lot of that lately...

I Am Creating:
I have done a lot of creating in the past couple of months; weeks!  Since joining the Facebook group, "Paper Dolls Trading (PDT)", I have participated in their monthly swaps...as many as three or four different ones each month.  They also include a monthly challenge, which I sometimes do depending on timing and what the challenge is.

My most recent projects have been with a St. Patrick's Day theme, and a Vacation Travel tag challenge:

St. Patrick's Day
Pocket Letter


St. Patrick's Day
Artist Trading Card (ATC)


St. Patrick's Day Card


Travel/Vacation Tag




I Am Wearing:
Well, today was - as most Mondays are! - a "stay-at-home" kinda day.  I have a number of things to do, and am dressed comfortably:  a pair of black pants, a purple shirt, and a pair of pink and white fluffy socks!

I Am Reading:
I picked up "Slow Heat in Heaven" by Sandra Brown a few days ago and have been reading it off and on.

My most recent reads have been pretty heavy stuff like Anne Frank's "Diary of a Young Girl" or Anne Voskamp's "The Broken Way"...and I needed to just read!

I Am Hoping:
My daughter and her family are all well now!  They have been sick for over a week, with strep throat and side effects from the antibiotics causing "other" issues.

And, I hope I do not get sick since I went over a couple of times to help my daughter out a bit.

I Am Learning:
Life with someone who has dementia can be frustrating and many days can be stressful; but it can also be fun and funny!  I am learning that; and trying to let the fun and funny guide our days together as often as I can!

In My Kitchen: 
Dishes in the dishwasher; laundry in the washer and dryer; counters somewhat clean...and I think I'll fix some potato soup with oyster crackers for dinner...leaves me time to do some of the other things I need to do!

Post Script
I have been following "40 Bags in 40 Days" on Facebook; trying to declutter the stuff in my small apartment, and declutter my life!

The concept is to complete it during the 40 days of Lent by filling at least one bag per day.

My idea is to just let this be a jump-off point to get it done...and believe me, it has been!


One of my major projects was to get the dining room table back to where we could actually use it!


If you are interested in decluttering your life - your home - check out their Facebook page at "40 BAGS IN 40 DAYS (official)".

Shared Quote:
To go with my decluttering efforts:




A Moment From My Day:
Most weeks I babysit my 2 1/2 year old granddaughter on Friday mornings.  Since they had all been sick, my daughter cancelled the lessons she would have given and stayed home with the kids (she was also sick).

So, I had a "day off" and we stayed busy.  But, later in the day, my daughter really needed some reinforcements; so I went over and spent some time with them.

Her middle son was really fussy and she was trying to settle him down.  Finally, he came to me and cuddled in my arms, settling down and almost going to sleep.  Every once in a while, he'd open his eyes and smile at me.

It was so sweet to hold him and cuddly!

Well, that completes this week's Simple Woman's Daybook; I haven't posted one in a couple of months!!

It's good to be writing again!


Maybe I'll do it again next week!!





2 comments:

  1. I hope you do!!! I've been missing your day-notes! I always enjoy reading your posts and they help me get out of my house (so to speak) for a few minutes. Thanks for sharing your days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jeanie!! I appreciate your kind words! I do hope to be writing more...will see how the week goes!! Today, I am exhausted after spending the morning at the zoo with my husband, our daughter and 3 grandkids...they have SO MUCH ENERGY!!!

      Thanks for reading and sharing your comment...

      Delete