Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Simple Woman's Daybook - September 25, 2017







FOR TODAY
September 25, 2017



Looking Out My Window:
Today was an "indoors" kind of day...

Not because of the weather!  It's beautiful outside.  The sun is shining; it isn't too hot - maybe the mid 80's?!  I haven't even checked.

But, just had a relaxing, semi-busy inside kind of day!!


I Am Thinking:
Trying to decide - last minute sort of decision! - whether or not to participate in the Write 31 Days challenge...

I think I was thinking about it last week, too!



I Am Thankful:
I am thankful for my Family; my Church Family; my friends...

I am thankful for the life I have; the things I do whether planned or at the last minute.

It's flexible!  Just the way I love it!



One of My Favorite Things:
Guess that goes with the "thankful" part, too!  A favorite thing is spending time with my grandchildren.

Sometimes it's all of them at once; but the one-on-one times I get to spend with them individually is priceless!


I Am Creating:
During the last weekend I spent at a retreat, I was able to get a lot of projects finished.  The ones that still needed a few finishing touches have also been completed.

Now, I am putting things together for two days of scrapbooking next weekend:  first, on Saturday at a local church with friends who have set up a Girls' Day Out.  Then, on Sunday about an hour away at a store where I will be meeting an online friend for the first time.

At these two events, I will be working on some Halloween things; as well as a couple of other projects I've been wanting to complete.


I Am Wearing:
A pair of jeans - it's so good to be back in my jeans!  I am so much more comfortable in them than the shorts or capris I wear during the summer!  Also, a green-ish shirt and a pair of candy cane red and white socks with green on the toes!

It's all about the comfort!!


I Am Reading:
Still reading the third book of the Georgia Trilogy by Eugenia Price,"Beauty from Ashes".

While I do love her books, and am loving this series, I think I will take a break from this author for the next couple of books I read.

These books take place in the mid-1800's, and I think I need to move forward a few years!  But, I am not abandoning the other series I want to read or re-read!


I Am Hoping:

Hope?!  What am I hoping?!  I hope to spend more time with my daughters and their families, and my son as we move closer to the holidays...

Including those we have in October!  Just not sure how I want to handle the Halloween visiting this year.  Last year it was a really crazy traffic jam trying to get from one side of town to the other in order to see all of the grandkids in their costumes!


I Am Learning:
To take what comes with as little stress and worry as I can!

Recently, we received a letter that our doctor was closing his practice.  I actually took this as an opportunity to change doctors.

Though my husband really "loves" this doctor, I do not!  And, I am the one that has to speak to him about issues that may come up.

So, I have decided to just not stress over it; and make the change to another doctor...


In My Kitchen: 
The dishes in the dishwasher are dirty; I ran an almost full load this morning after breakfast and have put about 4 items into it to run when it is full again!

Dinner?  Leftovers from Sunday's outing with my grandson...Chinese!  Lo Mein, Orange Chicken, and Teriyaki Grilled Chicken...

I am getting hungry just typing those words!


Shared Quote:

No automatic alt text available.


A Moment From My Day:
Unexpected moments with my grandchildren are precious to me!

After church on Sunday I drove over to see my six-year old grandson, who has just become a Cub Scout.  They were in front of a grocery store selling their yummy popcorn!

After making my purchase and visiting a few minutes with my daughter and son-in-law, I left with my 17-year old grandson to eat Chinese...that's where my leftovers came from!

Enjoyed both!!

Tomorrow, my husband and I will meet our daughter and granddaughter at a park where we will spend a little time with them.



~~~~~~~

Well, this is the last SWD for September.  Next week we will be into another month.  Hard to believe how fast this year is flying by us!

Not sure how it will work out for the next month!  I will be participating in the monthly challenge, Write 31 Days, where I will write every day during the month of October.

Hope you will check that series out, as well as my regular weekly participation with the Simple Woman's Daybook!




4 comments:

  1. It felt like a sweet visit with a friend reading your daybook today! LOve your quote!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Pat!! This is my favorite blog to follow!! I think the prompts are just right for us to share our day/week with each other...stop on by any time and let's have a cup of whatever!!!

      Appreciate your reading and commenting!

      Delete
  2. Barbara!! You have won the September book gift-away that was held at The Simple Woman blog!! Please contact me at thesimplewoman@gmail.com with your address. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited, Peggy!! Thank you so much!! I sent you my address on your email address above...I LOVE sharing my day/week using the prompts that you have for us...it IS my fave to follow!!

      Delete