Wednesday, December 7, 2022

EVERYBODY GRIEVES

 In one way or another...Everybody grieves!  This poem was written about a month after losing my husband.  Today, I share "Everybody Grieves"; soon I will write more and pick back up on my journey as I add more posts.

I hope you will share your "journey" with me and my followers!


EVERYBODY GRIEVES

Everybody grieves differently...
everyone's lives are different,
their relationships not the same at all!

If you see me happy,
know that I am trying my best
but beneath my smile are unshed tears.

You may not see the tears,
or know when they are shed.
Those usually fall behind my door,
when I shut myself inside for the night.

If you do see a tear or two
it's only for a moment,
brought on by a memory, a song,
or a comforting word shared.

Everyone grieves differently,
and though mine isn't always clear to others,
it's there.

Don't be afraid when the tears fall;
comfort those who shed them.
Grief unshared builds up within;
grief shared is grief giving way to what lies ahead.

But...

Everybody grieves differently...

(BJL - Nov. 2022)

4 comments:

  1. Wow!! I love this Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for checking it out...it's like "old" times! I have been journaling alot, and writing a few "poems" or verses or whatever. Hoping to make it more regular on this new part of my journey!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for sharing your heart Barbara.

      Delete
    3. Thank you for reading and responding! I hope to continue to write on my blog; I have been journaling a lot; some poetry and some miscellaneous things that I can use on the blog...it's a way to get the feeling out and share. Scrapbooking has taken a sideline for a while. Just not in a right frame of mind to do so right now!

      Delete