Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Out-giving God?


I learned years ago when I was stretching our budget as a military wife and mother of two...

My husband was overseas and I had to work with the amount of income that I had.  At that point, I was working and also receiving a portion of my husband's income...he had to have an income to live on too; but I was making a house payment and all of the other bills that go with it!

At that time, I learned that God has a way of stretching a budget that none of us could ever understand!

The drive to church on Sunday morning and back home; and then back to church again that night...

That "E" on the gas gauge stretched and stretched until the money went into the bank and I could fill up with gas again!

I'd pray all the way to church and back!

The groceries?  They stretched, too!  Amazing what you can do with a can of stewed tomatoes and pasta!

Yes!  He always came through!!

It is something I learned back then; and is something I am still learning!

But, why is it that we have to keep learning this over and over again?

god has an endless supply of...well, of everything!

And He wants us to depend on Him to supply all of our needs!

ALL OF OUR NEEDS!!

Still, years go by and I forget what He did for us back then.  I stop relying on the promises found in His Word:





The truth is...

You cannot out-give God!

His resources are far beyond our vision.  They are infinite!

This is the truth we find in His Word.

And yet...

I still didn't follow through with what I knew I should be doing; I gradually let it slip and times got hard and I stopped...I didn't give back to God that one thing...

You know...that word!!

Tithing!

Yes, I did give to the church...occasionally.  Not the first of my income; but the leftovers.

So, last fall I decided I needed to do this...again...at least, the best I could...

I filled out my pledge card for the amount I felt I could handle; with the thought that I could increase as time went on.

Now, the amount I chose was based on the income I personally receive; I have never felt it right that I include my husband's income.

Even though the amount I have pledged is less than the 10% we are to give, I feel God has still bless my decision already.

Our income is received monthly, and has to be stretched for all things that come up during that period of time.  Many things can come up in a month; and without money in savings to fall back on, I have to trust God to supply what is needed.

And, He has!

Things like an appointment that had to be rescheduled; one that required a co-pay...

And the new date is after the next pay period!

Or, groceries stretching as well as the gas!

And, so far, no emergencies!

I am blessed by God; and am learning...

One more lesson!

You cannot out-give God!!  Ever!!


Share your story of giving in the comments!  I'd love to hear your stories!


2 comments:

  1. I needed to read this today! Just last night I got frustrated with my husband for paying for a meal for some people. You are so right. I don't need to worry about where my next meal will come from or how to fill the tank because God is and always have been my provider. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, Natalie! I don't always think about it either!! As you read, I had to re-learn that lesson!! And, feel so blessed that He does take care of our needs!!

      Appreciate your reading and commenting...I will have more time this weekend to do more reading and will check out your blog!!

      Delete