Thursday, February 15, 2018

Simple Woman's Daybook - February 12, 2018







FOR TODAY
February 12, 2018


Looking Out My Window:
Raining; a little breezy; and in the low 60's...

A good day to stay inside and do...whatever I do!

Which turns out to be very little!  Well, I need those kinds of days once in a while...

I Am Thinking:
Still learning...

And always l earning!

I've been reading some of the articles that come in my email; articles about dementia and Alzheimer's disease.

Still learning...

How can I let this information benefit me and my hubby?  As a caregiver, I need every bit of information I can get; and use it to help me know what I need to be doing to help him (and help me understand)!

I Am Thankful:
For people who can help me answer the questions I have about this journey;

To understand when and what to say and do;

To know a little about what lies ahead for us...

I am thankful for the ability to research the questions; to find the answers I am seeking.

One of My Favorite Things:
Taking the day to relax and watch a little bit of TV...well, a lot of TV!!

{Check out "I Am Watching"...}

I Am Creating:
Funny how having a cleaned off craft table gives me the inspiration to actually create!!

Friday night I started a layout for an upcoming retreat; and finished it later.

This is actually the second layout I created for a page swap...

Because I really want to keep the first one; and now I want to keep both of them!!

Here is the first layout I created:




And, the second one:


Do I need to create a third layout to choose from?  No, I guess I'll make up my mind...

I also created a two-page layout from a pack of papers someone else put together; then we swapped after we all completed our layouts.



We call it our "Ugly Paper" swap!!  Nothing ugly about this!!!  But, mostly it's paper we just don't know what to do with...

And they usually turn out to be really good layouts.

Before I left to go home, I also created this Valentine ATC for another swap:




I Am Wearing:
A pair of gray pajama bottoms; and my gray "Challenge Accepted" t-shirt I bought for the 2016 "Write 31 Days" challenge...

Maybe it will challenge me to keep writing?!

Oh, and for once, my feet are BARE!


I Am Reading:

 Gave up on "Seize the Day" by Joyce Meyer; I guess I just wasn't in the right mind-set for it right now.

And, I finished reading "The Bridge" and "The Beginning" by Karen Kingsbury.

I am now reading "Beneath a Southern Sky" by Deborah Raney.  Once I finish that book, I will move on to the sequel, "After the Rains."

I love to read; to lose myself in the pages of a great novel, mostly fiction!  I am hardly ever without a book in the process of being read...

I Am Watching:
Bits of the Olympics!  Hubby isn't into sitting around watching it.  At my daughter's yesterday, they just kept it running on the TV, and stop to watch the events they are interested in seeing.

Not a bad idea; except at our apartment, it's usually the news that is constantly running...

Not my choice!!

I did miss the opening ceremonies; think I'll see if I can find it on cable...

And...

That is exactly what I did!  I watched the whole two plus hours of it; with a break about mid-way so hubby could...

Yes, watch the news!

But, I have finished watching it...

Oh, my goodness!!  It was amazing!!  I felt emotional and tearful and so proud of all the "coming together".

I'm not sure how all of that "coming together" and hope and peace and joy will translate into "real life" after the Olympics are over; but we need to pray it does translate to what this world needs...

I Am Hoping:
For a slow and easy and relaxing week.

I do have several things happening this week; but hope it's not too crazy busy!


I Am Learning:
More of the same?  More information about dementia and Alzheimer's disease...

I need to know exactly what I can or may expect along this journey.

I know it isn't predictable but I need to at least have some kind of idea what may be expected...

Because it's all unexpected!!

I just need to keep learning as much as I can.

In My Kitchen:
The dishes in the dishwasher just stopped!  One chore done!

Dinner will be leftover spaghetti from Sunday's youth fund-raiser.  I brought hubby a to-go dinner; and my leftovers, taking a little of his to add to mine, makes a great dinner for us!

Kitchen time will be limited!

Board Room:
Here is my Pinterest board "Recipes to Try".  Some of these I have already tried; others just looked good but I haven't tried yet.

A light and fluffy pineapple-infused cake, topped with a sweet and creamy whipped cream frosting. This cake is always a crowd pleaser!


Can't wait for our next all-day scrapbook event so I can make the Pineapple Sunshine Cake!!


Everyone seems to really like it...so do I!!!







Shared Quote:
A much needed quote to find when I browsed through Facebook this morning:
Image may contain: text

A Moment From My Day:
Yesterday was a very emotional day for me (Wednesday, Valentine's Day...since I am late finishing this post).

Valentine's Day isn't exactly one I look forward to...

It is usually just another day.

But, first thing in the morning when he got up, my husband found me in the kitchen.  He had a grin on his face and came and planted a kiss on my cheek and said, "Happy Valentine's Day."

This was totally unexpected!  It was not something that he does normally!

But, it was touching...

Later, we heard news that a "guilty verdict" was brought by the jury on a case that was being tried in our town; a know sexual offender who kidnapped and raped and killed a little eight year old girl...

And, then the news of the shooting at a high school in south Florida...

My emotions were raw; I couldn't fathom either of these tragedies.

I am still trying to lean on God and make sense of it all.  Or, at least get through it.

Nothing normal or routine about this year's Valentine's Day...

~~~~~~

And that ends this week's post for the Simple Woman's Daybook...

Hope you will join me again next week for another "chapter" in the life of this simple woman.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Barbara. I hope you get the relaxing week you deserve!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elena!! And, so sorry for the delay in replying...I haven't done much on my blog lately and haven't kept up with comments; there usually aren't any and I failed to look!! I certainly do appreciate your reading this Simple Woman's Daybook; it really is one of my favorites to follow!!

      Delete