Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Five Minute Friday - PLAY


Five Minute Friday

Though I am not always where I can write a Five Minute Friday post on Thursday night, or even Friday, I really enjoy connecting with this community of writers!

So, here I am on Tuesday morning, writing my post...

For more information on Five Minute Friday, check out the five minute friday community on Facebook.  And, after writing your own post, share it on the weekly five minute friday link-up.


This week's word is:
PLAY

Children have no problem finding things that make them happy.  They will play with a stick and an old can if that's all they can come up with!

Even adolescents find their play in sports such as baseball or football or basketball; or even just kicking or throwing a ball around.

Once we have hit adulthood, our play comes to a screeching halt!

Or, does it?!

While still working, I found this hobby called "scrapbooking"...

Call it an obsession or just the opportunity to play with paper and scissors...but I am so relaxed when I am creating things.  Not only does it keep me happy, but I can also just let my mind wander.


More recently I discovered these stamps that are "like" paper dolls!  The Julie Nutting Prima doll stamps are awesome, and so fun to stamp and cut clothes from pretty patterned papers.

Every time I am shopping, I spot patterns that I think, "Oh, that would make a beautiful dress for Lorena;" or, "This is really perfect for Sea Sallie, the mermaid stamp."

Yes, I think of them by name!!

Below are two tags I made using Lorena and Sea Sallie...



This is the time I play and enjoy the creating process.  And, most of the time when I am playing, I am with my friends who are creating just like I am!

So, no matter how young or old you may be, make sure you find something that makes you happy!  Make sure you play a little every day!!




No comments:

Post a Comment